UCB Stock Brokerage Limited is one of the largest stock brokers in Bangladesh. It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of United Commercial Bank PLC, a market-leading first-generation bank in Bangladesh. UCB Stock Brokerage Limited started its journey in June 2013.
The company achieved exceptional growth over the years. In its first year of operation, UCB Stock Brokerage Limited ranked #102 among 250 stock brokers in Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE). After only eight and a half years of operation, as on December 2021, the company ranked #1 among all the brokers in DSE. The company’s success can be attributed to the following three factors –
- From the early stage of its operation the company had a vison to be one of the top brokers in the country. Accordingly, the company set short term and long term strategies and changed the strategies in line with the evolving business scenario.
- UCB Stock Brokerage Limited put right people at the right place which helped the company execute the strategic plans and reach the organizational goals. Moreover, the company, having effective leadership, managed to keep its human resources motivated to work towards the common vision.
- In this growth journey, UCB Stock Brokerage Limited remained complaint to regulations and took only calculated risks.
Over the years, the company has earned a reputation as one of the most trusted service providers by exceeding investor’s expectations.
UCB Stock Brokerage Limited has a five-member Research team including three CFA charter holders. The team serves US-based investors under a chaperone agreement with one of the largest stock brokers in the USA. The team is also serving Europe-based investors as per MiFID II.
The company has a forward looking approach in information technology arena. The company is on the process of implementing Order Management System (OMS) and complete operational automation through ERP. The company is also implementing cloud-based data management system.
The company is working relentlessly to acquire and develop skilled human resources to overcome the skilled human resource shortage in the capital market. The company launched a successful MTO program in 2021. The company also launched the capital market’s first-ever flagship internship program ‘U-Succeed’. The company also spends a considerable portion of its profit on employee training, coaching, and mentoring.
With its strong compliance and top-notch research, corporate access and execution services, UCB Stock Brokerage Limited is playing a key role in bringing large foreign portfolio investment in Bangladesh from the United States, Europe, and Asia.
UCB Stock Brokerage is cataloged as TREC Holder with both the stock exchanges in Bangladesh- Dhaka Stock Exchange Limited (TREC No.: 181) and Chittagong Stock Exchange Limited (TREC No.:015). It is also a Depository Participant of Central Depository of Bangladesh Limited and provides allied services under the Rules & Regulations of Bangladesh Securities and Exchange Commission. The registered office of the company is located at Bulus Center, Level-17, Plot CWS (A) 1, Road-34 Gulshan, Dhaka-1212. The company was incorporated in Bangladesh as a private limited company under the Companies Act 1994. As of March 2022, UCB Stock Brokerage Limited has 12 branches and extension offices. The company has 7 digital booths in across the country which is the highest among all the brokers.
- Trust: We build trust through our every action
- Accountability: Ensuring responsibility and conformity
- Respect: Treat everyone with respect and courtesy
- Integrity: We are honest, open, ethical and fair
- Quality: What we do, we ensure quality
- Exceed investors’ expectations
- Be the leading source of Capital Market Research
- Operate state of the art technologies for efficient operations and superior customer service
- Be the most ethical and compliant Capital Market player
- Develop human capital for organized growth and constructive customer relationship
- Promote gender diversity, environmental consciousness and care for the community
“To be the preferred Brand for Stock Broking in Bangladesh Capital Market.”
Meet the team
Board of Directors
MD & CEO
VP | Head, Priority Brokerage
VP | Head, Premium Brokerage
VP | Head, Platinum Brokerage
VP | Head, Non-Discretionary PMD
VP | Manager, Nikunja Branch
VP | Head, Retail Sales
VP | Manager, Chattogram Branch
VP | Head, Imperial Brokerage
VP | Head, Institutional Sales
FAVP | Head, Finance & Accounts
FAVP | Institutional Sales
FAVP | Head, Corporate Sales & HNI
FAVP | Head, PMD – Discretionary & Research
FAVP | Manager, Comilla Digital Booth
FAVP | Head, Privileged Brokerage Services
AVP | Head, IT & Innovation Lab
AVP | Head, Settlement & Support Service
AVP | Head, Internal Control and Compliance
Head of Project Management Office